Winning your Pool - Tips and Tools
As geeks, we like to think that with enough number crunching, we can emperically figure out anything, even how to win
the office tournament pool. The truth is that even with significant statistical analysis, there is a human factor and
elements of chance that will always provide uncertainty with results. While you may not win your pool, here are some links
to resources which can help you do better with your pool, and maybe end up in the money this year.
- About.com, Tournament Strategy
, general tournament pool strategy advice.
- Pool Pointers,2005 Sports Illustrated Article
, a general article on pool strategies from one of the Sports Illustrated writers.
- Poologic.com, a free site with analysis tools using complex statistical algorithms geared towards upset based Pools.
- Using Poologic.com, 2005 Sports Illustrated Article
, more from that SI writer regarding Poologic.
- The Bracket Project
, a comparison of several "Bracketology" websites and team rankings. Includes links to several other ranking sites.
, compilation of raw statistical data for NCAA teams.
- Massey Ratings, another team rating site.
Click on "CB Comparisons" to view and compare the Massey ratings with 15 other rating entities.
- Teamrankings.com - Bracket Brains Analysis Tool
, subscription site providing power rankings and an analysis tool for head to head match-ups of teams.